Monday, February 27, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

...is well worth a visit. Miss C and I went on Friday night. Miss C did not like it - she found it dull, think - but, reader, this is a good film, very romantic, albeit tragic. What particularly impressed me was it was very easy to forget that they were a gay couple. Both the leads were excellent. Brokeback mountain itself was a heart-achingly beautiful backdrop. I wonder where it is? Me and a few million other cinema-goers.

Finally: spare a thought for all the non-fictional lovers out there who find their love menaced by non-celluloid bigotry.

2 comments:

Lui said...

It's actually shot in Canada (although it is supposed to be Wyoming). I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I loved it too. Lui

Phibius said...

Hi Lui, thanks for the location tip... might look out for it next time I'm in the general vicinity (although I suppose it'll be filled with hordes of tourists now). Oh, and I was wondering who the mac-using reader from UL might be...